Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I can't believe it!

Today I had a book that had words like cat, hat, mat, Pat, rat, etc. Madison was able to sound the words out by herself and eventually was able to read them without sounding it out. I then wondered if I wrote words down for her if she could read them. So these are the words I wrote down: dad, man, and Sam. She read them all. I think she might be getting it! I am so proud of her!!!! It is definetly something we will really start working on since she is so interested. Words like fan are hard for her and I think it is because the sound that the a makes is a little different. She as also trying to write. She wanted to write to Lily and it was going to say "You are my friend." SHe started out like "U R M " I then helped her with th rest but just the meer fact that she wanted to try was great! SHe hasn't been interested at all until now! She also never liked to color and all of the sudden she could sit there forever and color. I think going to school has helped her patience!!! I am so proud of my little girl and it is such a wonderful thing to see them learn so much!!! Great job, Madison!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Do you know about the Starfall website? It's fantastic for kids her age.