Friday, November 7, 2008

Madison's conference and the park.
















We had that dreaded parent moment of going to our first parent teacher conference. It was actually student led for the most part. For the first 20 minutes Madison showed us how they do centers and what they have learned. She did an awesome job. Before we left she said "Mommy, I get to boss you and daddy around this time." Then the last 10 minutes we met with the teacher while Madison played with blocks in the hall. I was sooo happy with what Mrs. Potter told us. I was nervous because Madison will tell me when she comes home if she cried about something or broke the rules. Mrs. Potter said she loves that she is so enthusiastic and loves to learn and do anything! She said it does get her frusterated because she has to take turns or something but she said that she has improved with being able to be gracious and take turns over the past couple of months. She said she is right where she need to be in every aspect. I am very proud of Madison for learning how to control herself from getting upset over everything. Her attention span has changed DRASTICALLY in the past 3 months. She never liked art and would rush through coloring or any other project. Now she will sit for and hour and a half to color and she wants to do it! I made the best decision by putting her in preschool and Mrs. Potter has been a blessing to us becuase she is just what Madison needed in a teacher!!!

We went to the park today and I took some cute pics! We had the whole park to ourselves and Kari and Stone came and met us there.

I just realized how big my girls look in all of those pics:(

P.S. I turn 31 tomorrow!

1 comment:

Amber said...

What great pics! I don't remember the leaves being that pretty there. Happy Belated birthday!