Friday, September 5, 2008

Madison's progress report:)

SO I love that Madison's teachers are going to start sending home a paper each friday saying how their week was!! Madison's first couple of weeks have been good. Madison loves school and talks about it all day long. On top of that she loves sonshine school thanks to Mandy and Jennifer!!! At school the paper said Madison made good choices and worked indepndently most of the time, particpates in group,etc. The one thing that wasnt the greatest is she got needs direction from teacher when interacting with others. Side note said "Sharing and taking turns are hard at times for her" I defintely know this about her in fact i wrote it on my first day paper. She is impatient like her mother:) Anyway she knows what will happen if that note appears again:) She also got a comment saying she was overheard talking to a friend that had some trash in her hand. Madison told her "Would you like me to get the trash can for you? I can help you throw all of that away" I told her how proud I was of her. She is my sweet impatient child and I love her for it! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
PS How do you get a child to stop lying? She has begun telling fibs sometimes stories. For example, she had a hole in her shirt and I asked her what happened and without hesitation she told me "___cut my shirt with the scissors" I asked her if she was telling the truth and she said "no I caught it on the door" ps Lets just say I found out that my husband used to lie very easily about things when he was younger. Oh boy am I in trouble when my kids are teenageers!!! I love them to death but they can be trouble when they want to. Of course they are sweet when they want to be too!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Riley has started telling lies and fibs too. I will check back to see if you have any helpful hints we can use too. I will pray for Madison to be honest and trustworthy...will you do the same for Riley;)

Amber said...

Noah's really into the fibs right now too, I think it's just an age thing.

Nicole said...

You girls must be right. I have heard of a lot of people say their 4 year olds are telling fibs. I think they are figuring out right from worng and to see what they can get away with. I think Madison thought she was going to get in trouble for ripping her dress (which she wasnt)so she was trying to stay out of trouble:)

jenn b said...

my brother has a friend who would tell their kids (when he knew they were lying) to stick their tongue out because if they were lying it would have a green stripe or spot or something like that. they believed it and would be afraid to stick their tongue out when they lied! Then he knew for sure!
Not suggesting that really, just thought it was kinda clever! But, does that make the parent the liar? ;)