Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Should I take her to the doctor???

This may seem like a really stupid question to those of you with kids. About 3 weeks ago Allie got her head smashed (on accident by her sister) on the tile floor. Her lip bled some and all day she was messing with her teeth. Well just in the past couple of days I noticed her tooth is turning black. It doesnt appear to be loose. Should I take her in or not worry about it?
WHen I was about her age I fell and both of my teeth turned black. Those of you I'm sure have noticed that my front 2 teeth are very discolored. They have been this way since my permanent teeth came in. The reason they came in like this was from the trauma to the baby teeth. Sounds strange but it does happen this way according to the dentist. I guess I am praying hers doesnt come out like mine because my teeth have traumatized me. I have never been able to afford to get them fixed (venners or something) They have been the source of a lot of self esteem issues for me!!! (and still is) I guess I will just start saving now so I can get them fixed for her if it happen:)
SO back to my question. Do I need to take her to the doctor/dentist???

4 comments:

Amber said...

I think that if you are questioning it then you probably should. Just listen to your gut.

Lesley said...

i say yes, canton chipped a tooth once and they said watch for it to turn gray... it never did, but if her tooth is changing, i think you should. Let me know!

Gena said...

You should probably take her. Erick ran into a brick wall and knocked his teeth out when he was younger. One of them started turning black when the root died years later. Luckily, veneers aren't as expensive as they used to be, if she has to have something done someday. It's weird you wrote a tooth post today, beacause Raegan chipped one of her front teeth today when she ran into a door. Crazy.

kj said...

Take her, they may not be able to do anything BUT you will feel better. And about the other stuff.....God made you, and YOU are beautiful inside and out!!!