Monday, December 15, 2008

Weight

Many of us struggle with our weight. Mine has always been a struggle. Losing it used to be easier but I guess after having 2 kids and 3 miscarriages my body just doesn't want to lose it. I have begun to lose again. It defintely takes longer!!! Over the past 2 weeks I have really eaten healthy and have seen a drastic change in just the past few weeks. I am down 13 pounds since the end of october and 8 of those are in the past couple of weeks. I am down a dress size and can squeeze into the next size.
Before my cravings for food were unreal and to be honest I ate for every emotion I had. I was having back trouble at night and was only sleeping about 5 hours a night. I had no energy and I would get RLS at night as well. Since I have really been watching what I eat it has stopped. I just noticed it in the past couple of days that my energy is up, I am moving more, no more cravings, no more back pain, etc.
Not only has it helped me but my kids as well. I have taken red dye and most sugar out of their diet. before Madison was hyper and allie threw fits a lot. this has calmed down tremendously. My kids will be healthier becuase of me and that means sooo much to me. I don't want them to have the problems I had and drown their emotions in food.

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

great job Nicole!

Lesley said...

i am cutting out sugar and junk too. my kids eat unhealthy stuff because I have brought it home! for me!! i threw out all our candy today and i am going to start doing better too! i am proud of you!

The Davidsons said...

You are being a great example to your girls!